Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Warning for Manufactured Homeowners

If you own a manufactured or mobile home ... we've got a warning for you.
Nevada's Department of Business and Industry says be wary of the "free" home inspections you might be offered.

Here's something else to keep in mind. Any company or person wanting to do work on your manufactured or mobile home must be licensed. There are two license options: General Services license or Specialty Services license. A General Service license allows a person to do repairs in all trades .. except air conditioning. Specialty license holders can do repairs only in the trade in which they're licensed .. like plumbing, electrical, etc.

Before anyone does an inspection .. even a free one ... call the Department of Business & Industry's Manufactured Housing Division 486-4590 to verify the license, and the business name!

No comments: