Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Illegal Dumping Update

October 9, 2007

An update on our "illegal dumping" story from Monday night. If you haven't see it yet, click here for the story.
Since our report, one caller offered up the following website from the Southern Nevada Health District where you can report illegal dumpers and perhaps receive $100. Fill out the complaint form at: http://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/complaint/index.htm
Witnesses may be entitled to a $100.00 reward pursuant to NRS 444 if the information provided leads to an assessment of an administrative penalty by the Hearing Officer or a conviction in a court of competent jurisdiction. A reward cannot be paid until the administrative penalty or court ordered penalty has been paid in full to the Health District.The Environmental Health Supervisor, Amy Irani, says the Health District wants to hear from anyone who sees dumping of solid waste in an inappropriate area. (Basically, any place that is not a dump or transfer site.) Irani says you've got to get the license plate number of the car or truck, a good description of the car or truck, and be willing to sign a witness statement. If you'll do that, then the county can go after the illegal dumper. The Health District operates a 24 hour line to report any health issue, which includes the dumping of solid waste. The number is 759-1000.

No comments: